Sunday, January 27, 2008

One thing from tennis I don’t understand

I know...I know... This is a Yankee blog and I shouldn't talked tennis this much. But, there are a lot of common grounds between different sports.

In Baseball, Fans always play important role on the outcome of baseball games. That’s why mental toughness is essential when we come to justice a baseball player. They have to be able to deal with pressure and hostile environment. The better one player deal with this, the better player he will become.

But, In tennis, they require fans not to stay in one player's side in order to not to effect their performance on the court. Throughout the whole Australian open, tons of players get upset and angry at fans' support for their opponents. I am watching Australian Open Men Final now, Novak Djokovic's father even complained about fans' reactions with official staff and then Jo-Wilfried Tsonga complained about Novak Djokovic how much time he took for his serves.

No excuse, guys. Where are these tons of complains coming from? Just play game and deal with that.

Updated 11pm:Novak Djokovic overcome nerve, pressure, less support from crowd and a hamstring strain injury happened during game to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 4-6 6-4 6-3 7-6 (7-2).

I just hope Yankees has injury-free 2008 season when I saw Novak Djokovic injuring his hamstring.

No comments: