Friday, August 29, 2008

Joe Girardi deserves some credits

The most impressive thing I get from this game is Girardi's in-game decision. In the 7th inning with 2 outs, Girardi decided to use Giambi as pinch-hitter for Molina in spite of Francona's decision which he puts Hideki Okajima to relieve Lester. I guess Francona wants to use Okajima in order to let Girardi put I-Rod or Betemit as pinch hitter, but Joe Girardi doesn't just look at the match-up and doesn't care Giambi's recent struggle.

Again, When Nady gets on in the 9th inning, Girardi immediately put Gardner as pinch runner. Even though Cano fails to bunt him over to second base, Girardi still is not afraid of letting Cano bunt. Of course, he puts I-Rod in at the right spot.

As I said on this post earlier, I believe Girardi will get better with more experience.

No comments: