Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why I say stupid Cano regard of his injury

I want to make one thing clear why I say Cano is stupid regard of his injury. I am not here to judge and tell people what the most important thing is for them because I know everyone has different opinions on importance of different things in their life. Other people should not use their own standard to judge others.

I feel Cano is stupid for two reasons. First of all, I think people should treat any person the same no matter nationality and race. If we want the world becomes peacefully, we should treat other people the same and try to understand them. This just like the way we treat our family. I haven't been able to do that completely, but I work hard toward that direction that I believe it's a right direction.

For me, I cheer and enjoy high performance that is displayed by any athlete from any country and any race. I learn this based on years I have stayed in many places. In the past, I cheered for Taiwanese national team crazily. Now, I won't be extremely upset if my national team or favorite team lose. Of course, I am a Yankees fan. It's still hard for me when Red Sox beat us. But, I respect any athlete or team whose high performance.

That's why I don't mind players want to play in WBC for their countries, but not when they are hurt or just come back from injury.

Secondly, I don't agree athlete should play through pain all the time. I know players play with less than 100% quite often, but at some point they don't help their teams to win. This just like we know we should stay at home and don't go to work if we are sick. Team may lose with you when you play through injury and may win with the replacement. Baseball is a team sport, not individual sport. I sometimes feel players just don't want to lose their playing time or lose their jobs to someone.

Not to mention, Yankee is Cano and Marte's employer. Be able to stay on the field is part of their responsibilities. They have responsibility to inform Yankees and make decision with Yankees, not by themselves. Cano should tell Yankees when he feels that before WBC. Who knows what kind of decision Yankees will make. Yankees may let him play in WBC, but make sure he doesn't play this much. Yankees may send Cano to check out and find out there is nothing wrong with him. And then Cano is clear to play. We are all mad when our friends or family make some huge decisions that impact other people by themselves. It's about respect.

No comments: