Monday, July 7, 2008

Wimbledon Federer vs Nadal W/Devil Rays...

As I am writing now, Federer is down two sets to Nadal and the game is delayed by rain at this moment. Let me say this first, I am not fan of Federer and Nadal, so I can say I give an objective opinion. When I began watching tennis, I am fan of Goran Ivanisevic from Croatia. Right now, Novak Djokovic from Serbia is the player I keep my eyes on.

Be honest with you guys, I root for Nadal to beat Federer because I love more competition among any sport I watch. Since Federer keep winning for many years recently, I love to see someone challenge him.

I think people have a tendency to root against the one or the team that keep winning unless you are the fan of that person or that team. The same thing goes to the situation between Yankees, RedSox and Devil Rays this season.

In my opinion, the outcome of game in sport world depends on three things: skill, experience(mental aspect), and luck(seize chances, avoid injury). I put mental aspect in the experience category and take chances and avoid injury in luck category. Whoever can take 2 out of 3 will be champion. Of course. Keep in mind. When those compete with each other have to have their skills on the similar level.

This leads to my prediction for second half of season. I still think the battle of AL East is between Yankees and RedSox, but how Rays play with these two teams will play an important role. The reason I come up with this conclusion is based on three reasons.

First of all, Rays will have tougher schedule ahead of them in the second half of season than Yankees and Red Sox, especially when you consider those tough matchup on the road which they haven't played as well as at home.

Secondly, the major problem for young team is they can't play as consistent as veterans teams for the entire season because workload may catches up with those young players and they may not be able to make adjustment when scouts from other teams find their holes. On top of that, you have to consider mental aspect and experience as well. For example, Can they still perform well under the pressure when season is on the line? Can they still perform well when they feel steps from Yankees or RedSox?

Thirdly, Rays haven't been hit hard by injury to their position players or rotation, especially to their star players. This is not the case for Yankees and Red Sox.

No comments: