Monday, December 3, 2007

I like combination of Hank and Cashman

Hank set up a deadline for Santana's trade.I like this idea.Don't play game with us,Twins.If you prefer Red Sox's offer,you can go ahead to take it and negotiate with them.If you don't like our offer,don't waste our time.Time is money.Just in case,you guys don't know that.Most yankees fans don't want to trade Hughes and Melky.We love their potential and personalities.They will be great in the future.In my opinion,our priority this off-season is bullpen,not rotation.I am fine with Wang,Mussina and three kids.I know this will be touch,but I can see bright future in 2009.

I agree with Pete's comment on his blog.As soon as Yankees walk away from this deal,Red Sox will walk away at the same time.I said this before on my blog.I doubt Red Sox is serious about getting Santana.Yankees is only team willing to give Twins prospects and Santana huge contract.The problem for Red Sox is upgrading their hitting,not pitching in my opinion.I will be shocked if Twins keep Santana and let him walk away after 2008 season.(Santana already informed Twins he won't waive his NTC once season starts)

These two quotes from Hank Steinbrenner about setting deadline for Santana's trade.

"I'm not going to be played against the Red Sox. That's not something I'll do. That's not something the Yankees should ever do, and that's I think what they're trying to do now," "So if they want the best offer that has been offered to them, then they need to make up their minds."

"We'll see how it goes, but this is not an act. It's not a bluff. It's just reality," he said. "Because as much as I want Santana, and you can make that clear -- for his sake, to know that I do want him -- but the fact is that I'm not going to play the game. We've made them the best offer. And at this point, it's not going to get any better. So they can decide. At this point, it's up to them. I don't think they want to lose us in this thing, obviously. Nobody wants to lose the Yankees in a negotiation."

I like what Hank said.What he said was from his heart and from the fact everyone know it.You can't say it threaten Twins because Twins know that is true.As a Yankee fan,the more what I hear and what I see from Hank,the more I like him.New York is press-packed place,it is very hard and difficult to keep things under the radar.Therefore,it is great idea to talk to press and fans and communicate with us.As far as the relationship between Cashman and Hank.According to my working experience,one thing fans should realize is it is impossible to keep bosses away from making decisions no matter which field you work for.Bosses I talk about is the men to give money to let business keep going.You may be able to get a boss who doesn't like to deal with press,but they still make final and important decisions.Good bosses and leaders are not to dealing with every details by themselves and pass their power to employees in order to help them make decisions.I think that is exactly the relationship between Cashman and Hank.The difference is Hank enjoying talking,so Cashman let Hank deal with all press and keep quiet.

No comments: