Thursday, December 18, 2008

No news is bad news

As you guys know, I the one welcome the idea of signing Manny instead of Teixeira. Just in case, you guys miss them. Click 1, 2 to read.

There is an old saying going in media industry, no news is a bad news. Baseball is an entertainment business. The more news you get, the better your business goes. I understand how the news run 24 hours a day look like because Taiwan is the same. Taiwan is a small country with at least 10 news channel running 24 hours a day. That's why Wang feel less pressure in New York than Taiwan and prefer to stay in New York.

If there is the team can handle Manny, it's Yankees. On top of that, everyone has some players on other teams you like to watch them playing. Manny is one of them on my list. By the way, Roy Halladay is on my list as well.

I do think and may should Yankees try to sign an impact bat to protect A-Rod. That being said, the more I think about it, the more I think "do we really need to add an bat?" I know many Yankees feel offense is the reason we don't make the playoffs this year which I don't agree with. I really think the priority for Yankees now is to sign Pettitte or someone as no.4 starter and then go to bench and Center fielder. However, it's fine for me to see Gardner/ Melky over there as well.

As for an impact bat, is it really worthy for us to add a possible trouble-maker(Manny), a long-term first baseman(8-10 years for Teixeira), hitters can't play defense well on the field in order to add some offense? I don't know time will tell.

No comments: